3 Easy Ways To Create Your Own Products
When it comes to making money online there is nothing more powerful than owning your own product. And today I’d like to share with you three easy ways to create your own products quickly and easily.
Let me say I’m sharing this from experience.
I have done all three of these methods, continue to do all three, teach all three as well. These methods work if you work them.
First, let’s look at a short list of why you might want to have your own products.
This is an abbreviated list of only the top reasons.
Reason 1 – You keep 100% of the profits.
This factor alone makes having your own product worthwhile. By keeping 100%, you put yourself in the enviable position of being able to afford the best traffic possible.
To succeed online you will ultimately buy traffic. The real X factor is how much you can pay.
If you are collecting 100% of the price of your product, what you can pay for traffic doubles over most affiliate offers you will promote.
Reason 2 – Others drive traffic for you.
Tied of the struggle to get traffic? By having your own product, and having an affiliate program, you can outsource 100% of your traffic woes.
When I say “100%” I mean it. When done right, a brisk affiliate program can solve all of your traffic problems. You do pay a commission, but only when a sale is made.
Reason 3 – You gain instant credibility.
Whether it’s right or not, there is a perception that a product owner is in a different league than an affiliate marketer or someone who joins a business opportunity.
When you approach others for join ventures or to seek help, you will be taken more seriously as a product owner.
There are many more reasons to have your own product. But this article is about the HOW behind creating products, so let’s get to that.
Method 1 – Resale rights
The absolute fastest way to “create” a product of your own is with resale rights.
When done right, resale rights products can do some amazing things for you.
- Provide you with a product you simply could not have created yourself.
- Put money in your pocket quickly.
- Give you a durable product that can be sold continuously.
- Empower you to set up an affiliate program of your own, so others can promote for you.
- And even more!
Notice that I said “when done right”.
So what does “when done right” mean?
I believe it means four things.
- You must buy resale rights products of the highest quality from the most trusted sources.
- The product you buy must make sense to you. In other words, you need to understand the product enough to see the path forward.
- There must be support if you need it. As a resale rights owner you will need a PayPal account (or other way to collect money). But you will also need to put a sales letter online. And your supplier should help you do that, or provide a recommended resource to help you.
- You must receive a sales letter, and marketing materials, that are proven to be effective. You do not want to buy rights products and then have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to marketing.
Finding great resale rights products can be a challenge. While you can Google “resale rights” and find plenty to choose from, the quality will often disappoint.
When looking for resale rights products, I ask these two questions.
- What vendor do I trust online? If I have bought something from someone and been happy, my customers will likely be happy with products from that supplier.
- What person do I trust online? This can be hard to find, depending on your niche. But knowing the person behind the product can be huge.
PERSONAL NOTE: My best experiences with resale rights products came from people I know and trust.
If you find resale rights products that make sense to you, are affordable for you, and are from someone you trust, you have hit the jackpot.
One word of warning: Resist the urge to think you can buy lower-quality resale rights products and “make them better”.
I have personally wasted thousands of dollars, and hundreds of hours, chasing that particular fantasy.
Method 2 – Interview Others
This is a method of product creation that was popular about 10 years ago, lost it’s popularity, for reasons unknown to me, and is now surging back.
And with good reason … this method works like crazy!
When you interview others to create a product, everyone wins.
- The product owner you interview wins because he or she gets exposure to new audiences.
- You win because you create a product by simply curating the information in the interviews into a product for sale.
- Your customers win because they get access to experts they would not normally know about for the lowest price possible.
When I share this idea with clients they often resist the idea, thinking it’s too complicated or that no one will respond “to them”.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
Most people think that “interviewing” experts means being on camera in a live interview and asking probing questions.
Not true at all.
The goal here is not be Oprah but to make it easy for the person being interviewed while delivering value to the people who buy access to the interviews.
Since this article is not about doing interviews, let me close this section with two idea starters.
- Do an email interview. Write out five questions to which you would like to have answers. Email all the experts you can in your niche and be transparent about what you are doing. Compile the answers into a PDF and sell access to the downloadable PDF.
- Use a simple technology like Skype (or Instant Teleseminar) to record voice interviews. Then sell access to the recordings inside a simple membership area using WordPress for access.
I have done both, as both the interviewer and interviewee, and they work wonderfully well.
Method 3 – Outsourcing
Ah, outsourcing. The siren song of the busy person.
Listen, outsourcing can be wonderful. Or it can be purgatory.
I believe there are three keys to outsourcing effectively.
- Being able to see actual samples of the person’s work before placing the order.
- Communicating openly so that the outsourcer clearly understands what you are wanting and commits to delivering on time.
- Establishing definite milestones so everyone is on the same page when it comes to expectations and timing.
Underlying this of course is the idea that you can afford outsourcing.
While it is easy to rationalize the expense of outsourcing by comparing it to what your time is worth, most people forget to factor in the delays of setup and communication with outsourcers.
For example, I can knock out a squeeze page in less time than it takes to arrange it via an outsourcer.
One major factor in outsourcing is to find someone in your niche.
While there are some “general contractors” out there who are good, you really want someone who understands your niche.
The last thing you want is to pay money and then have your outsourcer spend time learning your niche.
Personal story: I hired an outsourcer long ago who spent over an hour learning what an “ezine” is. I could have cleared that up in 2 seconds. Totally my fault for not thinking ahead.
So there you have it – three easy ways to create your own products.
Let me close with these questions.
- Which of these three methods appeals to you most?
- Have you ever tried any of the three?
- Do you have questions about anything in this article?
Share your answers in the comments and let’s all learn together.
Whatever you do, do move toward having your own product soon.
Having a product of your own really does build authority, put you on the radar for joint ventures, help you get more traffic and build your list much more quickly.
And those are beautiful things indeed! To know more on how to be innovative, visit home technology integrator, like appliances with technology that clean your house on their own, and all with the help of sensors from sites as the nstimg site, that allows them to measure the space and know where they can go, and they can’t.