Today is Veteran’s Day in the US. Today is the day we all take a moment to thank the veterans, the brave men and women who risked life and limb to keep us free and safe.
Having an official holiday is good. But I believe we can do more.
I believe that every day should be Veteran’s Day.
After all, without the sacrifice of these brave souls we would not have our freedom. And freedom is a powerful gift indeed.
Think about these freedoms for a moment …
- We are free to vote
- We are free to speak our mind
- We are free to dissent
- We are free to worship as we choose
- We are free to assemble and protest when we don’t like how things are going
- We are free to work and earn a living, even open a business if we so choose
All of these freedoms came with a price.
The men and women who fought, bled and died did not want to fight. They did not want to suffer. They did not want to feel the fear that all feel in the moment of battle.
Yet serve they did. And, get the depth of this please, they volunteered for this duty.
They volunteered to risk it all (quite literally) for you and me.
For that — for their bravery and dedication — for a free country that does not want to fight but will not run from one either, I am eternally grateful.
Not just on Veteran’s Day but rather every day of the year.
Every day I breathe free air I am grateful to those who serve.
Join me today in thanking our veterans. Join me in saluting their dedication, their bravery. And join me today in thanking them for the many freedoms we enjoy.
Thank you veterans — YOU made my freedom possible.
Latest posts by Charlie Page (see all)
- Affiliate Marketing: Should Affiliates Use A Follow Up System? - April 12, 2014
- Affiliate Marketing: Should I Use A Squeeze Page? - April 11, 2014
- Affiliate Marketing: How Many Products Can I Promote? - April 10, 2014