Time. It’s the great equalizer. We all get 24 hours and few of us feel we have enough of it.
To make matters worse, most of us use a wide array of products that are not as connected as we’d like them to be.
Quick question – how many websites, email programs, memberships, banks or social media accounts did you log in to today?
If you are like many people, you are logging in to over 10 sites a day, every day.
But what if there was a way for these sites to work together to help you save time?
Well, there is.
Let me share two sites you might not know about but soon won’t be able to live without.
NOTE: While some of the examples below are personal, these sites work with your business too. Services like MailChimp, Google Analytics, PayPal and more work well with these programs.
Zapier is amazing. It can do almost anything you want, simply by connecting two (or more) apps together to perform a routine task you might find helpful.
Examples? Here you go.
- Save Gmail attachments to Dropbox automatically. Never lose an important attachment again!
- Put the sales you make via PayPal onto a Google docs spreadsheet automatically. Instant sales report!
- Post new Evernote notes directly to your WordPress blog as draft posts. Instant publishing!
You get the point. This thing does cool stuff.
IFTTT stands for If This Then That. What it does is nothing short of Internet magic.
IFTTT uses what they call “recipes”. These recipes tell their software what to do and when to do it and how to get it done. Programmers! Go figure.
Examples? You bet!
- Automatically post your Instagrams as Twitter photos so you can buy instagram followers right away.
- Share YouTube videos you like on Tumblr automatically.
- Download Facebook photos you like to Dropbox.
Big big fun.
I hope you find these resources useful. You can get a free account and check it out.
I use sites like this every day. By letting technology work for me, I save hours of work I would have to do manually.
That means more time with my family.
And that is the most beautiful thing of all!